Tuesday, November 24, 2015

NaBloPoMo #24: Thankful

Joining Carole for Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things are you thankful for Right Now

1. Physical Therapy - I injured my back ~10 years ago taking care of a horse and for the most part it's ok but every now and then I feel a twinge and I can't stand for long periods of time. I've seen 3 different PTs about it and the exercises they said to "fix it" work but it never completely goes away. My friend started seeing a PT and she said his approach is not like any PT she's ever seen before.

I figured it was worth a shot so I saw him last week. He said the muscles involved have been sort of "frozen" so he's giving me exercises to strengthen the area. He uses his phone to video me doing the exercises as he explained them then emailed them to me which was SO helpful. He also constantly asks "where are you feeling this" to make sure I'm working the correct muscles. Fascinating!




2. Church Choir - We're down to two more rehearsals until our performance. Cue panic!





3. Family - I'm blessed with a wonderful family. Loving parents, my sister and her husband and my niece who is 9 and keeps us all on our toes, and my sweet husband.






4. Coffee - enough said.




5. My devices - being married to an Apple Geek has increased my number of Apple devices.  How did I live without them before he came along? The phrase a luxury becomes a necessity comes to mind.




6. The library - despite missing my bookmobile, I am thankful I access to a very good library.



7. My job - I love what I do and that's a blessing.



8. The first frost - I know it means winter is coming but I do love the early morning light of winter.




9. Food - so much great food this time of year! Every year I bring a cornbread casserole to our annual work party and every year my boss raves about it so I've started making an extra batch for him to take home and share with his family.






10. Sleep - the older I get the harder it is to sleep some nights, especially during the busy holiday season, so I am thankful for medications that help when I need it.







3 comments:

  1. I love your PT's novel and helpful approach. I hope it heals your back for good. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy recovery to you--back injuries are no fun!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful list - and I am there with you on choir rehearsals! Crunch time has arrived!

    Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete