Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaBloPoMo #1: Currently {November}




Reading: Gathering Storm by Rachel Hore. My mom lent me this book set in Cornwall and London during WWII. It has all the things I love in a good story: past stories and present stories woven together, history and mystery. I'm about halfway through and it's hard to put down! 




Watching: I stumbled upon The Great British Bake-off on my PBS station one evening and now I'm hooked! It took some researching to figure out which of the six UK seasons I was watching. PBS is showing the UK's Season 4 (2013) but they are calling it Season 2. Season 1 was the UK's Season 5 (2014) so they are going back in time. So far Netflix only has the UK Season 5 available for streaming and they are calling it Season 1. It's most confusing, but I managed to sort all of that out without finding out who won on either season! I watch the PBS episode as it airs each week and I am also watching the series on Netflix.



Anticipating: My birthday later this month and Thanksgiving! The first year of our marriage, my husband and I started the tradition of eating out on Thanksgiving because it fell on my birthday. We go to the hotel where we stayed after we got married because they have a fantastic buffet.








Knitting: I frogged the gradient shawl I was working on last month because I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out. I decided to use the gradients in a striped pattern and so far I really like how it looks! I'm combining the stripe pattern from Cladonia + the basic shape/garter stitch of Color Affection. I used the information about the magenta shawl from this article + this article to figure out how to do the increases. 


The stripes will show more contrast as I work outward with each pair.







No comments:

Post a Comment