Sunday, April 29, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week: Day 7


3KCBWWC Wildcard: Perfect Craft Day


Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills

My perfect day would be to get up have breakfast then knit for a while, stop for a coffee break and a read a few of my quilt magazines. then knit a while more. I have a bunch of Masterpiece Theater episodes on the DVR that I haven't had time to watch so I'd watch one of those while I knit. After a lunch break, I'd sew on a quilt for a while then knit again in the evening after dinner.

Where I craft:

I keep a basket by my recliner and it holds my WIP, patterns, and various knitting tools. The chest with all the drawers was given to my mom by her dad when she was in 7th-8th grade to hold her sewing supplies. She'd just taken home ec and loved it (she taught me to knit and sew). It has funny drawers that don't slide in and out you just stick them back in. Each drawer held spools of thread of a similar color. I've taken over a few of the drawers but the rest I've left as is to remind me of my my mom sewing when she was young.






Here is a picture of my dining room table where I sew - I pop the leaf up when I need more room for a big quilt:




My townhouse is built on the side of a hill with a deck off the back.

My dining room (and kitchen) face a walking trail and I love to watch people walk by as I sew, cook etc. Here is a picture of the view out my dining room window:




If the weather is nice I like to sit out on the deck and knit for a bit. This is the view:




No comments:

Post a Comment