Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week: Day 3


3KCBWDAY3 Knitting Hero



Your Knitting Or Crochet Hero
Blog about someone in the fibre crafts who truly inspires you. There are not too many guidelines for this, it's really about introducing your readers to someone who they might not know who is an inspiration to you. It might be a family member or friend, a specific designer or writer, indie dyer or another blogger.


I've chosen the designer Kate Davies. She lives in one of my favorite places, Edinburgh, and I was fortunate to take a trip there in 2010:



While she is recovering from a serious stroke, she never ceases to amaze me with her resilience and fortitude. Her blog is always fun to read as she has beautiful photos from her walks and travels around Scotland, as well as interesting topics, such as one about a recent trip to the Donegal Yarn mill or a fascinating post about how women washed and dried their clothes in the nineteenth century.

She has so many beautiful patterns: two of my favorites are Hazelhurst and BorealI'd love to make either one but my fair isle skills aren't there yet!







7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Kate Davies! She's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Kate Davies is a hero - her patterns are beautiful and she is so very courageous herself. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading Kate's blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's the princes street gardens - Edinburgh is beautiful (fortunate to live less than an hour away). Kate Davies' designs are amazing. have a knitty wednesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love her too! I've been trying to find her latest book, but think I might have to order it from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone in admiring Kate Davies. Check out this blog: http://kellpattsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting tidbit about Kate. It shows why she's so fearless in knitting design.

    ReplyDelete