Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dreaming of Spring In the Bleak Midwinter

One of my favorite songs is In the Bleak Midwinter because it sums up well the bleakness of winter perfectly. Back in December, I searched and searched for yarn that felt like winter and I finally found Rowan Felted Tweed grey mist. Then the search began of what to knit with it and after frogging the Transitions Knit Cardigan (the yarn was too fine for the garter yoke) I think I've settled on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan.


Here is the swatch for it:



And while I love the slow and quiet days of winter it, the dry skin, constant sinus headache, weather etc can be wearing, so I thought I'd start a quilt that would remind me of spring. After 2 bed sized quilts I decided a small wall hanging would be a nice change of pace and something that I wouldn't get too bogged down making. Today I started cutting it out - this quilt is fun in that I'm using charm squares (ie precut squares) given to me for Christmas last year by one of my closest friends. The other 2 fabrics are for the borders:




Here are the center squares:



for this quilt pattern:


No comments:

Post a Comment