I finally finished my Hey Teach! This project took entirely too long because it languished in the U.F.O basket for months at a time but it's finally done. I'm fairly happy with it. I have a waist and this sweater makes it look like I don't so if I had to make it again I'd use less stitches on the middle ribbing section or go down another needle size.
Also, the buttonholes aren't too great. I did the one row buttonhole method but the buttons were only 2 stitches wide and I read that that method works best if your button is at least 3 stitches wide.They work but it takes some effort to get the buttons through the hole and I'm not sure how well they'll hold up in the long run. I have 1 skein of yarn leftover so I could re-knit them some day if that happened. Maybe.