This week I sewed the side and sleeves seams on my Perfect Sweater. After I'd sewed in the sleeves last week I had a feeling they were too big but I was hoping it would be ok. It's not. They look ridiculously huge and you see a lot of puckering at the arm hole:
I think they got stretched out during the blocking process. The fact the the sweater was so long after blocking probably should have told me something. . . I talked to my mom (my nickname for her is the yarn yoda) and she said I could either a) turn it into a vest or b) take the sleeves out and reknit them. Right now it's in time out until I decide. . .
One problem with this pattern is that there's no schematic showing the dimensions of each piece. There's a general description with the basics but not a detailed picture.
I had this vague feeling that I should finish this sweater before starting the second one in case I had issues so now I've decided to listen to that feeling! I've stopped work on that project and am going to make Mork instead. Since it's ribbing it's stretchy thus making the exact fit less critical.
But today I'm going to work on my Color Affection because in a shawl one size fits all.