Dark and Stormy Perfect Sweater Color Affection Husband Sweater Creedence Striped Sweater Boneyard Shawl
Leftover from last year's YOP's list was to seam the first Perfect Sweater I made. Since I've had all the pieces done for about 6 months I thought it was about time I finished it!
I sewed the sleeves into the arm hole then tried it on. I had a feeling that it was going to be too long (a feeling I'd been trying to ignore. . .) and yes it was really too long.
So I took ~4 inches off of the back:
Since I had the bottom off I decided to change the bottom edge. I was modeling it after a sweater I own that has rolled stockinette edge but it didn't really look good with this sweater, so I added a seed stitch border to match the neck and cuffs.
When I did the same thing to the front, I took ~4 too many rows off so I had to reknit those and you see the line where that happened. I'm hoping it will block out. . .
After I finished the back, I realized the bind off was a little too tight so when I did the front I used Jenny's Surprising Stretchy Bind Off. I then went back and unknit the bind off row on the back and redid it using JSSBO. Whew!
Now all I have left to do (hopefully) is seam the sides and sleeves then weave in the ends!