Sunday, August 4, 2013

Year of Projects: Deja vu




Dark and Stormy     Perfect Sweater    Color Affection     Husband Sweater                          Creedence           Striped Sweater         Boneyard Shawl


Leftover from last year's YOP's list was to seam the first Perfect Sweater I made. Since I've had all the pieces done for about 6 months I thought it was about time I finished it! 

I sewed the sleeves into the arm hole then tried it on. I had a feeling that it was going to be too long (a feeling I'd been trying to ignore. . .) and yes it was really too long. 

 So I took ~4 inches off of the back:



Since I had the bottom off I decided to change the bottom edge. I was modeling it after a sweater I own that has rolled stockinette edge but it didn't really look good with this sweater, so I added a seed stitch border to match the neck and cuffs. 

When I did the same thing to the front, I took ~4 too many rows off so I had to reknit those and you see the line where that happened. I'm hoping it will block out. . . 



After I finished the back, I realized the bind off was a little too tight so when I did the front I used Jenny's Surprising Stretchy Bind Off. I then went back and unknit the bind off row on the back and redid it using JSSBO. Whew!




Now all I have left to do (hopefully) is seam the sides and sleeves then weave in the ends!








9 comments:

  1. Wow, it's looking great! I admire your fearless approach to making revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great and way to go you on making the ammendments as they were needed even after it was finished. I'm not sure I'd have wanted to or been able to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably needed six months distance to get ready for all that work! I admire your stock-with-it-ness ... I'm not sure I'd have been so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking sweater regardless of the challenges! I swear by th stretchy bind off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this neutral. It's like a warm, cofy, go-to oatmeal sweater. You must pair it with chambray or even a printed shirt. That'd be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's ended looking lovely and perfect to go with anything, just like it's name!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on making the sweater the way YOU want it. It's so much fun revising patterns to make them your own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you were able to modify the sweater that way. Good luck and I hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I am in awe of your mods! You, you CUT the bottom off your sweater and reknitted it, and then redid the bind off! It would have been forever in time out if it was me, there's no way I could have fixed it!

    ReplyDelete