Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Packing, Peasy, and Pickles

Packing:

I leave for Scotland in 2 weeks so this past weekend I began gathering clothes, rain gear, etc!
I know some people can pack in a matter of minutes but I'm not one of those people. I'd end up leaving out something really important like my underwear.



Peasy:

I'd been thinking about what knitting project to take with me (Alexandria and I have had enough adventures already so I thought it might be best to leave her at home) so when I saw LoriNY's Peasy I thought it seemed like a great project to take with me. And a tweed yarn? How perfect!

Given my difficulties in getting projects started correctly I thought I might be a good idea to get it going before I leave. I'm just about to start the lace pattern. The color doesn't show up very well but it's a beautiful blue with flecks of white and black.




Pickles:

This doesn't have anything to do with Scotland. I just felt like making pickles last weekend. I used my mom's Million Dollar Pickle recipe and they turned out great. It was my first time making them or canning anything for that matter so I was a little anxious until my mom pointed out "It's not that hard. You throw everything in together, bring it to a boil then put them in jars". I love how my mom can cut to the chase about a situation.

I let the cucs soak overnight (there is also onion but I forgot to add it until later):



And here they are finished:







3 comments:

  1. all good things in this post!! And alliterative, to boot! Knitting with tweed in Scotland will be splendiferous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! Pickles!! Will you send me the recipe??

    Also, are you going to wear your CPH in Scotland? (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris -

    YES will send the recipe and YES I'm taking CPH. It still needs the buttons sewn on pics soon I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete