Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Year of Projects: False Starts



Opening Ceremonies started at 4pm in my area so I CO for my Ravellenic Swap Hat after I got home from work ~5pm. I was going to a friend's house that evening to watch the Ceremonies so I wanted to have the rib pattern established by the time I got there because I knew I'd be distracted. 

While I was working on the first row, my husband had a flat tire on his way home so called several times and I made a mistake but didn't catch it until I got to the party. I had to unknit the first row but eventually I did get back on track. 

Then when I was about to start the stockinette section, I realized that the hat was going to be ~2" too small! I have no idea why since I did make a swatch.... I did another small swatch then went up a needle size and added 8 more stitches and it looks like it will fit now. I'm just about to start the decreases so barring any more disasters I should be able to finish it before the end of the Olympics.





I started a swatch for Alexandria with seed stitch borders and am happy with the look so will knit a bit more on the swatch to make sure I have the right gauge then will cast on again. . . My husband started calling this project Alexandria the 5th since I've had to start it so many times. . .



While I was home visiting my parents last week, my mom gave me some yarn that a friend of hers bought in Nova Scotia. Her friend doesn't knit anymore and my mom didn't have a need for it so she passed it on to me.

Since my husband has been helpful with my knitting projects I'm going to make him a sweater with the yarn on the left and one for me with the yarn on the right :)




3 comments:

  1. The hat looks lovely (even though it took some work to get it to the right size). The yarn for the sweaters is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty hat! Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got.the hat sorted in the end, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete